Terms and Conditions
This site is owned by Project North East (www.pne.org), a UK company with registered number 1715761 and registered office at Unit 3, Ground Floor, 7-15 Pink Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5DW. This site and the oscar brand are owned and operated by PNE Group and PNE Development which are trading names of Project North East and its associated group of companies.
The use of the oscar e-learning environment is subject to the terms and conditions outlined below.
Provision of the oscar E-Learning Service
The oscar team reserves the right to modify or discontinue the provision of the oscar e-learning service and its associated websites; including the removal of any content or data that is provided by either oscar or you (the user). This action will be taken at any time, without prior notice or any liability towards you (the user).
The oscar team will not be held responsible or liable for timeliness, removal of information, failure to store information, inaccuracy of information or improper delivery or use of information.
Your Responsibilities and Obligations
Terms of Access and Use
Access to and use of the oscar e-learning environment is provided by the oscar team, subject to you (the user) adhering to the following conditions:
1. You (the user) agree to be bound by the terms and conditions; effective immediately on your first visit to or use of the oscar e-learning environment. If you do not agree to be bound by any of the terms and conditions, access and use of the oscar e-learning environment will be restricted/withdrawn.
2. You (the user) agree that the oscar team may change these terms and conditions at any time and that you should check them regularly.
3. You (the user) agree to use the oscar e-learning environment for lawful purposes only and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit the use of, the oscar e-learning environment by anyone else. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the oscar e-learning environment.
4. You (the user) may be required to register for a user account on the oscar e-learning environment; in this case, you agree to provide truthful information when requested. By registering for a user account, you explicitly agree to these terms and conditions.
5. Though there is no time limit by which to complete courses, access to the courses purchased will be granted for six months after you (the user) has completed the course and received your oscar certificate. After that time the course will no longer be available to you.
A 28-day money back guarantee is applicable to all purchases made through www.pne-development.org This offer is valid for 28 days from date of purchase, up to and including the 28th day. The following conditions apply:
· This offer is not valid for completed e-learning courses (i.e. where the user has completed and submitted the course Overall Assessment) for which the purchaser has received an oscar certificate.
· This guarantee does not apply to courses purchased via third-party sites such as Groupon UK or similar services.
All copyright, trademarks, design rights and other intellectual property rights (registered or unregistered) and all content located within the oscar e-learning environment will remain the property of the oscar team or the relevant partner organisation where applicable. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use oscar or other user content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
Your Contributions to the oscar E-learning Environment
Copyright of your content or work contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use your material in any way; including allowing other third-parties to use it.
You confirm that all content or work uploaded or made available via the oscar e-learning environment is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws and that you have the permission of anyone identified within your contribution and/or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under the age of 16.
In order to participate and contribute to the discussion forum on the oscar e-learning environment you agree to these rules about message posts:
1. Your contributions must be civil and tasteful.
2. Your contributions must not be offensive in language or tone, cause any offence, be abusive or be disruptive.
3. Your contributions must not be unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, sexually-orientated, racially offensive or otherwise; any objectionable material is not acceptable and will be removed.
4. You will not advertise or promote any brand, product or service.
Your oscar E-Learning Account
In order to use the oscar e-learning environment you will be required to register a customer account via the oscar e-commerce website and/or a user account via the oscar e-learning environment. By registering either a customer or user account, you agree to provide truthful information when requested. By registering for a user account, you explicitly agree to the terms and conditions outlined both on the e-commerce website and/or oscar e-learning environment.
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access on a regular basis so that any communication regarding your customer or e-learning account can be sent to you. As part of the registration process, the oscar team may require users to re-validate their email address in order to access their account or e-learning environment.
The oscar team reserves the right to close any account that is seen to be using proxy IP Addresses (Internet Protocol Addresses) in order to hide multiple accounts.
Registration and Password
The oscar team advises you to never reveal your registration and password information to any third party; it is your sole responsibility to maintain the security of your registration and password information. You will be held responsible for any authorised or unauthorised usage of your account and/or user details. You are required to notify the oscar team of any unauthorised use of your account and/or details immediately. Any breach of this agreement may result in your account being closed at any time and without prior notice.
Privacy of Information
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
The oscar team will not be held responsible for content or work uploaded or made available by you via the oscar e-learning environment or any third-party websites that are accessed via the oscar e-learning environment or associated websites. Any links posted to third-party websites do not amount to an endorsement by the oscar team of any content, product or service provided by that third-party; accessing such third-party websites is at your own risk.
oscar’s content, products and services (or its links to/provision of third party products and services), is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. To the extent permitted by law, the oscar team excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. The oscar team does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that all content provided by oscar is correct at the time of publication, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of the oscar team for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
The oscar team will not be held responsible or liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
a) Loss of data
b) Loss of revenue or anticipated profits
c) Loss of business
d) Loss of opportunity
e) Loss of goodwill or injury to reputation
f) Losses suffered by third-parties
g) Any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the oscar e-learning environment or associated websites; regardless of the form of action.
The oscar team does not warrant any functions available on the oscar e-learning environment will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or the oscar e-learning environment or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You (the user) acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.